Partnerships between healthcare incumbents and digital health startups are becoming increasingly popular as a tool to drive the innovation management agenda. However, it seems like most partnerships existing today are either unsuccessful or do not realize their full potential. Partnerships in Digital Health whitepaper presents and analyzes the results of the global survey which collected first-hand feedback on the partnering activities from startups, corporates, partnership facilitators and investors. In addition, it considers potential success factors and reviews three partnership approaches from Roche Diabetes Care, Sheba Medical Center, and Cardiolyse (an e-health startup).
The Whitepaper answers the following questions:
- How successful are startup-corporate partnerships in digital health?
- What are the main expectations of startups and corporates?
- How are partnerships managed today?
- Why do partnerships fail?
- What would make partnerships work?