This is the second edition of our Cross Platform Tool Benchmarking 2014. The benchmarking report aims at app developers to help them identify the right Cross Platform Tool and services for their app projects. It also provides market monitoring information on the current state of the market.
The benchmarking includes tools and services that support the concept of “develop once and publish on multiple platforms”.
The benchmarking of cross-platform development tools is based on two research projects conducted between March and May 2014.
- Tool comparison: research2guidance has invited CPT vendors and service providers to share information about their platform and device support, target developer groups, costs, etc. Vendors have been asked to fill in an online survey and thereafter to validate the results in the course of an interview. For the purpose of report, 40 vendors have presented their tools and solutions.
- User rating: Developers, publishers and managers overseeing the app business in their companies have been asked to share their CPT experience. This year, 2,188 participated in the global online survey.
The report in a nutshell:
- Matching of tool vendors Ì offerings and users Ì feedback
- Survey content: Platform coverage, feature availability, performance, app quality, support offerings, time- savings and many more
- Goal: Helping app developers and publishers to choose the appropriate tool or service
- Survey Participants: 1,500+
- Tools and services included: 50+
- Survey start: January 2014
- Report release: Q2 2014
- Report reach: 150,000+
The report covers the following tools / tool classes:
- Web App Toolkits
- Cross Platform IDEs
- Cross Platform IDEs targeting Enterprises
- App Factories
- New in 2014: Cross-Platform Services
Why read the report?
- Based on a survey of 2,188 developers who share their experience
- Largest evaluation of 40 leading Cross-Platform App Development Tools
- Detailed comparison of Cross-Platform Tools along 50 criteria
- Direct user ratings of e.g. app performance, support quality, budgets
- Top 10 lists: Best performing apps based on user feedback
- 50 pages
- App developers
- App publishers
- Mobile managers
- IT professionals
Our media partners:
- Firefox OS