Creating a digital health portfolio for an insurance company
R2G supported a leading health insurance in UAE in selecting and integrating digital health solutions for their 3 million members.
Our client wanted to build a digital health portfolio that supported their 3 million members. Main goals where to attract new members and corporate customers with a digital health offering and to reduce claims costs.
The project was executed based on R2G’s innovation management approach. It was divided into six major steps:
- Roadmap definition: Based on claims data and strategy workshops with the client, R2G developed a roadmap of digital health segments that support new customer acquisition and helps to reduce costs.
- Market screening and selection: R2G began with the first wave screening for diabetes, adiposity and women’s health solutions globally. Selection days were organized in USA, GER, and UAE.
- Partnership model definition and contracting: R2G defined the operational and business model and managed the process of contracting.
- Piloting: Selected partners were engaged in a 9 months service localization and pilot phase managed by R2G.
- Service development and sales support: R2G defined the value proposition inkling pricing and customer segmentation to support service uptake and member acquisition.
- Definition of the operational model and change management: R2G developed the company’s roles and responsibility model to partner with selected startups. A series of change management workshops supported the awareness and acceptance of partner solutions and processes.
- Partnerships with leading digital health vendors were secured.
- A portfolio of digital solutions for diabetes, weight loss, and women’s health was implemented.
- More than 50,000 members used the solutions after 2 years.
- The digital health portfolio has been vital to renew existing contracts and to acquire new customers.
- Full awareness of new service offerings within the company including training of a team of 25 coaches.
Timeframe: 2 years
R2G Project Team: 1-5 consultants, varying team size during project engagement
Explore other digital health case stories
Digital health market scan and platform strategy development across nine chronic disease segments
Actionable strategy for a mobile application for one of the most prevalent global chronic diseases
Let’s talk! We are happy to learn more about your company and your role and see how we can help you drive innovation within your organization!