Business case and services expansion strategy into digital prevention
Learn how R2G studied the digital prevention market and developed market entry options and rationale for a global Medtech company.
One of the top diabetes care market players considered expanding their digital service offering to diabetes prevention. In order to obtain a clear picture of the new market segment, better understand the opportunity size and develop a business case, the company approached R2G.
The in-depth market research was organized in 5 modules:
- Market screening – Analysis of the digital prediabetes segment: market size (number of service providers and users), major trends shaping the market, existing service offerings and revenue streams.
- Competitor analysis – Profiling of the top market players: digital product portfolios, pricing, business models and strategies.
- Global survey on digital prevention services – >200 digital health experts from the R2G Panel validated hypotheses about the prediabetes segment and acceptance of digital preventive services in the market (incl. including payer organizations’ representatives).
- Market opportunity – Market attractiveness evaluation for 10 countries, selection of top 4 countries for market entry investigation.
- Market entry recommendations – R2G’s recommendation to enter/not enter the segment, explaining the required minimum viable product, potential market entry options and expected revenues/losses for the next 5 years in line with 3 scenarios of market growth.
- Prediabetes market size and revenues, top players.
- A clear recommendation on market entry strategy and necessary steps for the USA and 3 other country markets.
- Minimum viable product, implementation options, and a roadmap for service expansion.
- The business case for 2020-2024 with 3 market growth scenarios and strategic market entry rationale.
Timeframe: 3 months
R2G Project Team: 4 consultants