mHealth Economics 2016 – Current Status and Trends of the mHealth App Market
2,600+ mHealth practitioners
28 pages, 29 charts
The mHealth App Developer Economics 2016, This is the sixth edition of our yearly study on the state and the future of mobile healthcare. This is the largest global study on mHealth app publishing. It is focused on the growth and monetization of the mHealth app market and outlook of market trends in the next five years. This year more than 2,600 mHealth app developers, healthcare professionals have participated sharing their experiences and views on the market.
This year’s report gives special attention to the role of health insurance companies in the global mHealth app market. In addition it gives an update on the overall market size including number of apps, publishers, new entries, revenues and downloads.
It talks about which mHealth app categories, distribution channels, devices and business models offer the highest business potential for the next five years.
Tool and API usages have gone up within the mHealth app market. The report ranks the most used tools and APIs. With this 28-pages report we are giving a detailed update about what it takes to publish mHealth apps.
Who should read this report?
(mHealth) app developers, mHealth product managers/project managers, investors, pharma companies, healthcare professionals and anyone interested in mHealth
We would like to thank our sponsors and partners:
Research partners: Daman eHealth Accelerator Novartis Johnson&Johnson
1. The mHealth app developer research program Scope of the research2guidance Developer Economics Research program and overview of the mHealth app market
2. Summary The thirteen key take-aways from this year’s mHealth developer program
3. The current mHealth app market size The rise of competition, the slowdown of demand growth and the rush of new mHealth publishers into the market
4. Publishers background Company type of publishers, healthcare professional (HCP) collaboration, company sizing trends and popular goals to pursue
5. How mHealth Publishers are using tools, APIs and sensors SDK and API usage, sensor connection and features to influence behavior change
6. Performance of mHealth Publishers Perceived goal achievement, and how that converts into annual revenues and downloads
7. Target groups, revenue models and mHealth service pricing Main target user groups, revenue sources, and mHealth app user price-for-service estimates
8. Health Insurance Companies (HICs) Market sentiment towards the current and future role of HICs in mHealth, mismatch of current quality of HIC apps, perspective on data sharing and distribution channels
9. Future trends: the mHealth app market in 5 years Market value and key revenue sources, impact of apps on healthcare, main business opportunities and trends